Scoliosis Surgeon & Spine Surgeon in Texas
(serving the Austin, Houston, Waco and San Antonio communities)
- Patient and family centered
- Dr. Geck has received the Patients' Choice Award. Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- Additionally, Dr. Geck has received the Compassionate Doctor certification and the On-Time Physician recognition award. The Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores. The On-Time physician award is presented to doctors with the shortest average wait-times, as reported by their patients.
- Focus on patient and family education
- Recognized in listing of "Spine Surgeons Involved in Humanitarian Efforts" by Becker's Spine Review
- Emphasizes disease process counseling
- Incorporate genetics testing/ScoliScore
- Minimally invasive focus
- Learn More about the philosophy and goals of Dr. Geck, fellowship-trained scoliosis surgeon and spine surgeon in Austin.
- Dr. Geck has been taking care of scoliosis in children and adults since 2002, he has treated patients throughout the state of Texas, from San Antonio, Houston, Austin, Round Rock, Waco, from Temple to Abilene, from Dallas to Lubbock to El Paso, Louisiana and New Mexico
- Dr. Geck has one of the largest spinal deformity practices in the Southwest United States
- Global Outreach Mission Medical Director (SpineHope) since 2006
- Pediatric Scoliosis Fellowship
- Adult Spine and Scoliosis Fellowship
- Active researcher and presenter nationally and internationally in scoliosis and spine care
- Dr. Geck is the first to use genetics testing for scoliosis in Central Texas (serving the communities of Austin, Waco, Houston and San Antonio)
- First to perform minimally invasive scoliosis reconstruction in Central Texas
- Dr. Matthew Geck is only the third surgeon in central Texas to be accepted into the Cervical Spine Research Society. He was accepted into the society in February of 2012.
- Member of the Complex Spine Study Group, Scoliosis Subsection
- Member, Scoliosis Research Society
- Dr. Geck is experienced in minimally invasive scoliosis and spine care, scoliosis reconstruction, flatback syndrome, previously operated scoliosis and spine, pedicle subtraction osteotomy, posterior vertebral column resection
- Learn More about the expertise and experience of Dr. Matthew Geck, specialist in scoliosis surgery & spine surgery in Texas (based in Austin, serving the communities of Houston, Waco and San Antonio)
Minimally invasive, motion preserving solutions
- Minimally Invasive Scoliosis and Spine Surgery
- Vertebral Body Stapling
- Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS)
- Minimally Invasive Interbody Reconstruction (XLIF, DLIF, TLIF)
- Learn More about the minimally invasive spine and scoliosis techniques used by Dr. Matthew Geck at his specialty practice in Texas (based in Austin, serving the communities of Houston, Waco and San Antonio)